AfricaLics is working with various stakeholders to improve access to journals to African students
Information about access to online literature from INASP
INASP is an international development charity working with a global network of partners to improve access, production and the use of research information and knowledge. The aim is to ensure that countries are equipped to solve their development challenges.
INASP is an international network that particularly focuses on spreading knowledge and research related to sustainable development. It therefore works with local partners to enable researchers, academics, students and policy makers from countries across the world to access online research literature free at the point of use.
For example, in Kenya, INASP works with the Kenya Library and Information Services Consortium (KLISC). There are 46,840 journals and 1,200 e-booksavailable in Kenya and 114 research institutions or government agencies currently have access via KLISC.
INASP provides several how-to guides that help different groups gain access and make use of online literature, that is free at the point of use. These guides provide information and links to access these resources, while informing you of what your librarian should do to assist with this:
- Help with accessing INASP resources – links to help guides
- Identifying and using online research literature – a guide for academics, researchers and students
- Identifying and using online research literature – a guide for policy makers
- Providing access to online research literature – a guide for librarians
- Routes to online research literature – a guide for partners and funders
For more information, please visit the INASP Website.